Friday, October 10, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Finally I have some stitching to share wth everyone. Here is Sue Hillis' ornament from the JCS Ornament issue. I am also partway through the companion piece that was in the previous issue. And...here is Jeanette Douglas' Mosaic Muse, the first page of "My Stitching album" As you can see I used my own colours and altered the pattern only at the bottom where I left out my initials and added some medallions instead. There are 10 of us working, sort of together on this album and I think everyone is pretty much enjoying it. It certainly is fun to pick the colours and fabric and go crazy. The stitching was addictive (but then when isn't it?) and I could hardly wait to finish the page complete with beads and sparkles...
The next page should be out within the month and I am looking forward to starting it.

We have a long weekend coming up to celebrate Thanksgiving and of course we are having friends and family in to help celebrate. In spite of the financial crisis which seems to be worldwide now, we have much to be thankful for...if nothing else than to have heard on the news last night that Canada's banking system is the strongest in the world...kind of encouraging I'd say!

It will be fun to have the grandsons here tomorrow and to be surrounded by good friends and loving family members.

Edited to add... for those of you who were interested to know where..the Mother who read to me pattern came from...I will look and try to find the magazine where I found it...I stitched the piece a couple of months ago and the magazine has been put back in the box...but which box? I do know it was a Cross stitch and Needlework mag from a few years ago but I will get the complete information and post it soon, or e-mail it to you , if that was your request.

6 comments:

Karol said...

Your stitching looks great. Happy Thanksgiving to you enjoy your weekend.

Aussie Stitcher said...

Your Jeanette Douglas piece is looking great.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Yay Ann! Congrats on finishing the first page of Jeannette's Stitching Album it looks great! Since I picked Pomegranteas and Pears back up I've been absolutely addicted!

Veronica said...

Oh I absolutely love the colours you picked for the first page of MSA. It looks great on black.

Pretty ornament piece too!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Happiest of Thanksgivings...I know I'm late....
Hope you ate a lot and took a nap!
Your Christmas Tree looks great!

Beatrice said...

I love your page...the colour looks great.
That's a pretty ornament as well!
Hope you had a good weekend.