Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Other people's work

As you may recall a number of us have been working on "With My Needle's" Mrs Waddelow's huswif. Here are Sharon's two stitched pieces...the huswif itself and the needlebook cover, which she stitched over one.
She has some gorgeous fabric for go with it and I will be sure to publish a picture of the finished products.
This is a feebie from TW's site which Cheryl stitched up and you can see the matching fabric she has to go with it. I am not certain what her plans are for a finished product.


I have been dabbling at this and that. I am attempting a rotation yet again. While I get something done on three peices, there is not a lot to show on any of them ..I have also been working in the evening on ornaments but have no pictures yet.
My rotation is consisting of There are Fairies in the bottom of my garden, My blue toile pillow and the Memory Keeper.
I also spent a couple of days last week when I had Marie Paule's new magnifier light , working on the JCS magazine sampler from Nostalgic Needle which I am doing on 40 count fabric. The LED light/magnifier was incredible...so much so that I ordered 6 of them for the store...there is one left! So today I ordered 6 more. These lights are fabulous and once I have kept all my customers who want one happy I will buy one for myself and also have it as a sample in the shop so people can see for themselves how much easier it is to stitch on high count fabric...when you can see it!!!




4 comments:

Lynn said...

Lovely work by Sharon and Cheryl!
I love that fabric which Cheryl has chosen.
My DH bought me a magnifying/daylight lamp a couple of years ago and I find I'm relying on it more and more. I can't see the higher counts without it.

Carolien said...

Hello Ann,

Nice stitches, I love the green one!
That magnifier/lamp sounds great, happy stitching with it!

Hugs, Carolien

Dani - tkdchick said...

As usual Ann your stitchers are doing fantastic work. Hmmmm I'm curious to see this magnifer that is selling like hotcakes!

Ellen said...

Oh my goodness...just stumbled across Cheryl's huswif on the red linen. WOW!!! Please ask her to send me some photos for my blog.