Monday, August 27, 2012

Stitching Day 2012

Warning...numerous pictures!!!
We had a fabulous day on Saturday , with around 37 or 38 stitchers in attendance. There was a lot of oohing and aahing, talking, laughing (sometimes uproariously), eating, shopping, comparing techniques, learning techniques, eating, visiting, giggling and generally enjoying being with like minded stitchers.
Here is a hodge-podge of photos of people's work and some of the people themselves...

This cardinal pair is from a magazine...stitched by Barb

On the left are pieces from Colleen, but I do not know the names of the pieces and the black fabric on the right is Cirque des carreaux (Ink Circles) in progress...by Beatrice

This Gold Wing motorcycle was not on display because by Saturday it was in the hands of the friend for whom Sharon had stitched it. He is in the last stages of cancer and Sharon wanted to get it to him to have it asap. It was a photogrph which Sharon converted to cross stitch. There are over 40,000 stitches done with one strand over 2 on 40 count fabric.

Carmen and Isode hard at work.

                                                                        Eveline and Colleen
Dani's Faberge egg...made for her dad.

Linda, Christin. Bonnie, Dani bending over, Beatrice's hair, Sherry and Teresa

Mary's Christmas stockings

Kathy A's Mirabilia round robin

Beatrice and Kathy A's Desert Mandalas...with corners of Betrices Ink Circles and Long Dog WIPs

Isolde and Eveline choosing colours. The only time I picked up a needle all day was when I found one on the floor beside these guys!

Bonnie's arms, Dani, Kathy A, Beatrice and  Barb

Christin, Bonnie and Dani

Eveline, Wendy and Marg

Carmen, Isolde and Colleen

All in all...I'd say we had quite a day !!

9 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

AS usual Ann it was a fantastic day! Of course I realized while I was there it was my 10th year in attendance! Oh My!

Kathy A. said...

It was a fabulous day Ann. You put together a wonderful bunch of stitchers and friends who made it extra special. Thank you so much!

Rebel In Ontario said...

(Wipes tear). Wish I could have been there, I miss you all!

Cindy's Stitching said...

really pretty. thank you for sharing.

Lynn said...

Wish I could have made it too! It looks like it was a resounding success.

Carolien said...

How lovely, it looks fab!

Hugs, Carolien

Lianne said...

Ann, as always you opened your home and heart and brought everyone in.... I continue to be amazed and warmed by your generosity and kindness!!!!

I wish I could have been there... hope to see you soon! Can't wait for retreat - NOTHING will stand in the way of my coming in November and January,,,, and hopefully someday,,,, in March too!

Take care!

Anonymous said...

Great fun,
Great laughs,
Great food,
Great gallery,
Some stitching accomplished(not a lot)
The people -some I haven't seen in awhile and some newbies
Just wonderful!!!!!!

Barb

Bonnie Brown said...

It was a great day! Thanks again Ann!!