Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The stockings were hung..

We have had a mantle built around our fireplace. It provides as excellent place to display my stitching.
Anne P. You are not the only one with a mantle now! You can officially tease me  back if you like.
 Here is my progress on Giovanni's alphabet. I am loving the the little filigreed flowers  adorning the piece. It is slow going, requiring  the magnifier all the time so I have branched out and started an ornament  for next year. Before I could work on it though I had to get some thread. I found I miss being able to go to my boxes of  thread stash...all of which are still in Brighton. Do not despair...I have started a Florida thread stash  to keep here. The DMC is much less expensive here anyway!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Love the fireplace. It sure makes a difference. Is it big enough for Santa? Judie

Carolien said...

A lovely Christmas display, Ann! Merry Christmas and a very happy and healthy 2014!!!