Monday, January 11, 2010

MAJOR Happy Dance

I just finished my last page of Jeannette Douglas' My Stitching album...well the last page I am going to do. She has a back page that says ... wrought by.... but I am leaving that one out since I put my name on the bottom of this one...Herringbone Hour...
I had let this page languish over Christmas but I got inspired during our Friday stitching session when Sharon showed me how they are finishing a project they did at Guild. That was it...I finally knew how I wanted to finish finish this book. As soon as Sharon is free to help me with the finishing technique I will get all the pages finish finished and display them here. I would like to have it done before we go to Florida and on to the Nashville show. I'll be seeing Jeannette there and would love to show off my version of her great designs.

I sometime cursed my choice of black fabric but all in all I am terribly pleased with the project and with the fact that I kept up with it. I have learned many new stitches and feel that not much in the stitching line can intimidate me now!

5 comments:

Mary said...

Congrats on finish the page. I really need to get started on my set. I know the black material must have been hard on the eyes but the results are awesome.

Hugs!
Mary

Rebel In Ontario said...

Beautiful...and I LOVE THE BLACK :-)

Alberta said...

That is a stunning finish...you should feel so proud of yourself.

Congratulations!

Claire said...

Looks great well done.

Carolien said...

Well, this looks like the royal fireworks! Splendid. Must have been a hard job on that black fabric, but it's stunning!!!
Enjoy your new finish ...

Hugs and greetings from Holland,
Carolien