Monday, August 23, 2010

What a day!

"Well Maggie Muggins, I'd say you've had quite a day!"
Did anyone else ever watch Maggie Muggins on TV when she was a little grl, or was it confined to Ontario in the 50s? Anyway I felt like Maggie Muggins on Saturday and I'd say we all had "quite a day"
45 stitchers came to our stitching day from all parts of Ontario from Ottawa in the east to London in the west!
We stitched!



We displayed our beautiful work....








Some took a break from stitching, eating and enabling to play light sabre star wars with their cell phones!
We ate well.
Many many stitchers also took time to shop and for that I thank you very much. Knowledge and Needles had a very good day! Of course I am happy to have the business, but really what thrills me the most about the day was joining my friends, new and old, in doing what we all love. The coming together of so many diferent people who share the passion for stitching is a cause for joy and the sight of the amazing work we all produce is a cause for awe!
I feel so fortunate to have found such a supportive and wonderful group of friends.
Thank You so much.
More pictures on Beatrice's blog





















8 comments:

natalysneedle said...

I love to see a large group of stitchers gathered together doing what they love best. It sounds like a wonderful time and everyone is working on such beautiful things.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Thanks Ann it was another great Open House this year!!!!

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Looks like so much fun.
Be always in stitches.

Barb said...

What a marvelous day!! As always a great time had by all

Rebel In Ontario said...

I was so happy to be able to come and enjoy the day - it was wonderful and I also enjoyed meeting a few new faces!

Kathy A. said...

Oh what a day we had!!! Wasn't it fun!!! Thank you my dear friend for such an awesome day!

Lynn said...

Well it certainly looks like I missed a fun time! I loved seeing the pics of everyone's stitching.
I was stitching right along with you, just in a different location!

Beatrice said...

It was an amazing day..I met new friends and got to re-aquaint with the friends I already have.
Thank you for a wonderful open house!!!!