Monday, September 27, 2010

Fairies are finished

Well there were only kms of backstitching, not miles as I thought and considerably fewer than one million beads...maybe only a hundred or so! Therefore it did not take as long to finish as I originally thought.
This is my next start. I don't know why I like this stocking...it just amuses me I guess. Anyway the plan is to do it on 40 count over two. However since I already have a project on the go in 40 count over two, I will endeavour to finish it before I start this one. It is about 3/4 done. It is the Sharon Cohen sampler that apeared in JCS magazine a couple of years ago.





If I am desperate to start something new, I can always start Mirabilia's Shakespeare's Fairies which I have been threatening to start ever since it came out. I have the most perfect fabric from Crossed Wing Collection on which to stitch it.... and of course all the threads are kitted up and ready to go!


8 comments:

Bonnie Brown said...

Your Fairies look awesome!

Lynn said...

Fairies looks fantastic Ann! Congratulations. I'll bet it's even prettier in person 'cause you can see the beads so much better up close.
As for a new start I vote for the Mirabilia. I love that one too!

Lana said...

Beautiful finish!!! Can't wait to see your start on that lil' stocking...funny lil' stocking!!! Cute tho!

Cathy said...

Beautiful finish!

Veronica said...

Gorgeous finish! Congratulations :) I vote for the Mirabilia too.

Claire said...

Wow great finish.

Anonymous said...

It's lovely. I like the stocking as well.
Judie

Dani - tkdchick said...

Woo hoo Ann! Congrats on getting those faries done!!!