Monday, September 27, 2010

Fairies are finished

Well there were only kms of backstitching, not miles as I thought and considerably fewer than one million beads...maybe only a hundred or so! Therefore it did not take as long to finish as I originally thought.
This is my next start. I don't know why I like this just amuses me I guess. Anyway the plan is to do it on 40 count over two. However since I already have a project on the go in 40 count over two, I will endeavour to finish it before I start this one. It is about 3/4 done. It is the Sharon Cohen sampler that apeared in JCS magazine a couple of years ago.

If I am desperate to start something new, I can always start Mirabilia's Shakespeare's Fairies which I have been threatening to start ever since it came out. I have the most perfect fabric from Crossed Wing Collection on which to stitch it.... and of course all the threads are kitted up and ready to go!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010


This is where I am currently ...nearly fnished except for miles of back stitching and about a million beads!

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Some finishes

This is Marie Paule's Three Kings (Imaginating) finished and framed. She stitched it for her aunt who is 90 yoears old. This is the Band Sampler version of Siam Fusion (Sampler Cove). The line on the right side is glare or something because it is not on the real picture. I did most of the work on this one in Florida in February...alas not sitting out by pool the house!

This is my Stained Glass Landscape (Kappie Originals) which I love. It took a long time to stitch and unfortunately the flash in the picture does not add to its beauty but when I look at it in person the flash glare is not there!

And this is what I finished today! One of the stockings from Cross Stitch and Country Crafts. This is for my great nephew William. His mother did not like the toe of the original pattern so we did a bit of cutting and pasting and came up with this. When I finally got the barn and Noah's Ark done I knew there was no way I could place the little stitched animals all around in an artistic manner. Therefore, I figured if she wanted to mess with the chart, I could too and added buttons instead of little quarter stitched animals! I am not unhappy with the result, although they are also not scattered about in an artistic manner!
Now I have to keep mum about the fact that I have finished this in case my brother who is stitching one for this child's brother ( his other grandson) thinks it would be good for me to finish it for him!!