Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Home again

We are home from sunny Florida.
The holiday was a good one.It was very relaxing and consisted of a lifestyle doing very little which alas I could probably get used to. However that is not to be. We are home and the lawn, the garden, the house, and  the shop are all clamouring for attention.
While in Florida though I spent a fair bit of time on my White Lilies and as you can see accomplished quite a lot. I have finished page 10 so I am more than halfway through.
When I got home I realized that I felt rather White lilied out so I started on this series of Cgristmas Ornaments by Blue Ribbon desgins. They use both over one and over two stitches on 32 count fabric. I am enjoying the change  and have decided that the enjoyment is coming primarily from being able to do more than 3 stitches in a row  without changing colours!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

The lilies are looking gorgeous. Love your Christmas ornament too.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the progress on white lilies. Glad you are home safely.
Clare

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing the lilies up close and personal tomorrow! Glad you are home

BARB

Lynn said...

Welcome back! I'm glad your trip was a safe one.
The lilies look wonderful but I can understand how you'd need a change after awhile. The ornaments are a good choice!

Rebel In Ontario said...

Glad to hear you are back in the 613, safe and sound! Hope to see you soon.

Carolien said...

Hello Ann,

Yesterday your colourful card arrived, such a nice surprise! Thank you so much & big hugs for that!!!
Your lilies are growing considerably and that ornament is beautiful, such a peaceful dove ...

I'm glad you had a nice holiday though I'm sure being at home isn't bad either :)

Have a great day & Dutch waves from over the ocean,
Carolien