Monday, August 25, 2014

Stitching Day August 23

Thank you to all 30 of you who came to my annual Knowledge and  Needles Stitching Day.
we had fabulous stitching to enjoy, many projects to admire, plenty of food and from the sounds I heard coming from the stitching room, the dining room, the garage and the shop, lots of fun and merriment.
here are a few pictures of some of the stitching which was on display. After taking those shots I got distracted and did not take any more!
Both of these are the work of Julie L.
Sharon finished these Quaker kits from Rosewood Manor
Teresa K's work
Helen's stitching
Christin's work

Dani's work
Marg's amazing Dear Jane quilt
The beginning of Beth's HAED
Bernie wearing her Jeannette. Douglas. Stitched covered button.

There was more to the day as well. Our friend and newspaper writer Ray came to the house to photograph the quilt blocks and interview Sharon about them. We are  now up to 36 blocks. I will post the additional ones in my next blog 
I will also post a link to Ray's story when it appears and a thank you letter from Sharon's friend Kim who got us started on all this. Kim will keep us informed about the quilts as they progress from blocks to finished products.

Also....Janice...email me! In all the excitement I never got  your email address...and thanks for making the trip and bringing that great quilt square.











3 comments:

Jan said...

I had a wonder day! I was so happy to meet everyone. Such a laid back, yet spirited group. After following your blog for some time, it was such a pleasure to have met you . Thank you!

Dani - tkdchick said...

It was a nice day

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed Saturday and everyone! And the display of their work! NEXT YEAR!!!!

Barb