Monday, April 7, 2008

Could it be Spring?

These little guys (Sitting Pretty) were stitched by Bernie, one of the Thursday stitchers. I'd say she finished them just in time for Spring!
These last few mornings if I am out early enough I have been able to see and hear numerous flocks of honking Canada Geese flying high overhead, heading north.
The snow tires came off my car yesterday and the summer tires are now on.
The snow is disappearing, although there are still a few patches of dirty snow scattered hither and yon in the shady areas.
I hung my sheets out on the clothes line this morning and they dried so fast in the early April breeze.
There are a number of robins chirping around and the chipmunks are back from their winter hibernation.
My neighbours are being plagued with some very smart raccoons who can open their lockable garbage cans.
Yes, maybe Spring has come...oh yeah ...I have tulips and daffodils coming up as well!
It was a long winter!
I got Pretty Pumpkins out on Friday and added some stitches. It is so enjoyable to stitch and as you can see I am nearly finished it!
Pretty pumpkins had been on the back burner for a bit while I stitched up this Rosewood Manor bellpull..."Claret" I am offering this as a course starting on Wednesday so I decided I needed a model on hand and here it is all made up with its little flower charm and bellpull hardware. After being in business for 5 years and having taught numerous people to stitch one at a time I decided it was time to have a real course. The 4 ladies who have signed up are all stitchers so I really won't have too difficult a time with it. One is new to evenweave and a couple want to pick up a few specialty stitches and I think a couple just are looking forward to getting out of the house for a couple of hours on a Wednesday afternoon...whatever the reason, I think we will have some fun. I will post their finished work at the end of the course. They have all chosen different colours and I am looking forward to seeing their progress.

6 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Wow, beautiful sampler Ann. So, the weather is better and the snow is almost gone. Okay, we are leaving in 10 days. See you soon.

Carolien said...

Your pumpkins look so nice! Lovely.

Greetings, Carolien

Aussie Stitcher said...

The sampler is gorgeous, hope all goes well with your course.

Beatrice said...

Bernie's little birds are so cute. She did a great job.
Pumpkins are gorgeous although not very springy well the colour maybe.
Isn't the weather great. I have tulips coming up right beside a big pile of old snow.
The girls will have fun with that pretty bell pull.

Take care.

Lynn said...

I returned home to much nicer weather as well. The snow is receding and my tulips have broken ground!
Love that bellpull! Wish I was close enough to join your group.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Good luck with teaching your first stitching class!

Tell Bernie her birdies are adorable!