Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Green Acres revisited

Just call us Oliver and Lisa... last weekend we put in or first garden.
Let me put it this way...with the money we spent on wood for the frame, triple mix for the dirt and the numerous plants and seeds, there had better be an overabundance of tomatoes, peppers, beans , onions and whatever in August! Here is farmer Dan and his faithful helpers...now he wants a tractor!
This is more my idea of gardening!
Obviously with all this arduous physical labour, stitching has taken a bit of a back seat but I have been doing a bit..I am coming along nicely on Sunbathing (Bizzi Creations) and have even ventured back at Heart's Content's Splendor II. I will iron them and take some photos today for my next blog.

9 comments:

Kathy A. said...

I must say I like your idea of a garden much better than Dan's. Glad he had such fun!!! Believe me you will have more veggies in August than you will know what to do with. However I am sure I know some stitchers out there who will take the overflow

Wendy said...

Congrats on starting such an impressive garden! I always love starting them...and then have no idea what to do with them. I just can't fight weeds.

Dani - tkdchick said...

I look forward to eating some of those fresh veggies in the future!

Tell Dan, his fantastic cooking didn't make me gain this past week!

Carolien said...

This was a very funny post! But I must confess I wish I had a vegetable plot like that as well ... It looks great, as do the flowers. I wish your crops will be huge this summer.

Greetings, carolien

Anonymous said...

Well his garden looks promising, but I certainly prefer the work of your style of garden LOL

Anonymous said...

I hope Dan will sell his veggie`s
at the Saterday market in Brighton,I`l be there to sample some of his wonderful,I hope organic garden.
ANGIE

Lynn said...

I'm with you on your idea of gardening. I did the veggie garden thing one year and decided it was much easier to just head out to market!
I haven't been reading blogs alot lately and I'm anxious to see your new projects.

Beatrice said...

Oh good for you guys what a nice job.
The puppies helped no doubt!
We'll help you with your over abundance of tomatoes and things.
I like your potted plants!

Aussie Stitcher said...

Good luck with the vegie garden. We have some winter vegies in at the moment, thought that the kid would enjoy seeing them grow, they helped to plant the seedlings and promptly lost interest, oh well just as well that I water them.