Friday, July 25, 2014

Stitching Rotation

I found myself kitting up an ornament a few minutes ago .... Then I remembered that I had decided it was time to start another stitching rotation, and yes there would be a slot for ornaments in it but not just at this moment. 
The above is the beginning of a Christmas stocking for my son-in-law and it represents day 4 on my 4 day schedule. Therefore, I had better finish day 4 with it before starting day 1 with anything else, no matter how those ornaments are calling me!
This stocking is going to have to take some kind of priority since it would be good to have it done before Christmas and because by December I will have to be thinking of a stocking pattern for the new grandchild. I would love to do the Little Girl's Room stocking from the old CS&CC magazines but what if the baby is a boy?
Anyway, I know a rotation works for  me, as long as I don't get sidetracked by something I absolutely love and can't put down, like Giovanni's Alphabet and as long as I confine the rotation to 3 pieces at most. 
So let's see how I do as the summer progresses.

2 comments:

Lynn Bourke said...

I love your stocking WIP!

I think I'll have to copy your 3-item rotation - I have too many (25!) in my rotation, so I end up hardly finishing any pieces...

Marilyn said...

The stocking is turning out so pretty.
Marilyn