August 29, 2007
This is my Mandala, designed by Mariska and pattern purchased from The French Needle.
Nancy and I were doing a stitch along on Fridays for the longest time then we both sort of abandoned the project. I hauled it out last Friday and became intrigued once again and worked on it all weekend till I ran out of thread!
I contacted the distributor, from whom I bought the thread here in Canada but alas they have none of this older dye lot. Then I contacted the dyer (www.sassalynne.com) and she may be able to help me out. The problem arose because there was a bad drought in her part of England last summer and somehow the drought affected the composition of the water which in turn affected the way the colours dyed into the thread. Which explains why the second skein of Hampshire clay I purchased last fall is so different from the one I bought in the spring. Anyway sassalynne is going to try to find me a skein of the older dye lot and she also said she was doing some dyeing this week so I am hopeful that I will be able to get thread to finish the project. If I can't then I will have to pull out the outer border and the pillow will be a smaller version than originally hoped for. I don't know why I did that outer border before finishing the inner potions.